[vdr] Re: Force time changing / Wakup with Via KLE 133

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Hans-Hermann Redenius (HR) wrote:

HR> I have tested RTC-wakeup of two Boards (DFI AM33-EL and Shuttle MK20N)
HR> with the Via KLE 133 (MicroATX, integrated Sound, Video and LAN).
HR>
HR> It is not possible to set the wake-up time throught nvram or rtc, but
HR> the wake on rtc time feature works.

Ah, the Shuttle MK20N was the board which seems to store the values
somewhere outside of the accessible nvram ...

Does the DFI AM33-EL board have the same behaviour?

HR> I set the wakeup time to 04:00:00 everday, and change the Clock
HR> so that the System wakes up at the right time.

So you just set the wakeup to "04:00:00 everday" in the BIOS and then
adjust the clock such that 04:00:00 RTC time corresponds to the needed
local time. Tricky ;)

HR> Can vdr or any other program be forced to set the time after booting?

if you have a direct internet access, you could try to use some ntp client
to set your system clock to the correct time before starting vdr.

but maybe a simpler solution would be the following:

before shutdown:

cur_time    = current system time
set_hw_time = calculate which time has to be set into RTC clock such that
              the machine wakes up at the right time.

time_diff   = cur_time - set_hw_time

 store the value of time_diff somewhere on your hd.

after wakeup:

rd_hw_time  = system time which was set from the (wrong) RTC clock
time_diff   = read the stored time from the hd.

new_sys_time = rd_hw_time + time_diff

set the system time to new_sys_time.

Of course this should happen before starting VDR.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain