[vdr] Re: Two VDR, any experiences

>> The only drawback I can imagine is the lack of a DVD drive beside your tv
>> set, if you _really_ need DVD playback on a regular basis.

> Thats one drawback. The other is, that i would have to pull out the four
> satellite-cable and insert some others. The cable length would be 22m.
> And I had to give up the idea, of having another vdr in the sleepingroom
> for example and to be able, to watch recordings, I did expect to watch
> in the livingroom.
Hi

Here i have a configuration nearly like yours:

In the Livingroom i have a VDR with several Cardīs and Harddrives connected to a
second SERVER with aditional harddrives wich is under the roof (dachboden)

at the (dachboden) i have a aditional  VDR-Machine with 2 Cardīs running
2 Different VDR-Instances - one for the "sleeping-Room" and one for the
Office.

The TV of the sleeping-Room is connected trough a 433mhz Wireless TV-System wich
transfers also the IR-Signal.

The Office TV is connected by 2 cable  (Signal + IR)

this configuration works realy good...

I undersatand your problem with the Timers.conf

I think there is a near ready solution in the TVTV.DE (EPG2TIMERS) Package.

In this package is a script wich take the programmed Timers out of the VDR via Telnet
delte all Timers and programm all timers new.

im not a BIG Scipter - but i think that itīs possible to modify the script in a way
that it read the TImers out of VDR1 and sent them to VDR2...

Thatīs all...

And yes - the modification (VDR donīt record) is realy smal... - ask klaus -
perhaps i have to seek in my Mail-Archive - klaus have mailed this small
change to me some time ago....

Home | Main Index | Thread Index