[vdr] Re: vdr - some general questions

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> Tobias Meyer-Janson wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I try to assemble a LinuxVDR-System and have some questions:
> >
> > - I noticed that playing  recordings stops about 1s befor the end. Is
> > that normal? Also if I set a cutting mark at the very beginning and one
> > at the end of a recording, the cutting result is shorter than the
> > source.
> >
> > - Is there a rule, when deleted files will be removed? I noticed that in
> > my case vdr often removes that files, when space for cuttings or new
> > recordings is needed. Wouldn't it be better to do that when vdr idles?
>
> The files/directries are only deleted in OSD. They are kept on disk
> until new space is needed in case you deleted something wrong.

Actually they are removed when there is no other activity (like recording
or user activity). This is to minimize the risk of interfering with a
recordings disk activity. In case of a cutting, any previously deleted
file of that name is removed immediately to avoid problems on systems
with more than one disk (there were leftover files in earlier versions).
If a recording is going on and the system is runnign out of free disk space,
deleted files are removed even during recording to make room for the new
recording.

Klaus