[vdr] Re: warmed up again : DXR3 with VDR

mptei@t-online.de wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
> > All you will need to do is implement a function that can
> > transfer a region of bitmap
> > data from the VDR data structure to the target display.
> Hey, it's a little bit more. VDR OSD is not a single bitmap. It uses
> multiple windows. The bitmap data for every window have to be
> interpreted in conjuntion with a color table (palette). But it's still
> not to difficult ... :-)
>
> Mike

Ok, you're right about that. But the different windows are mainly because
the DVB card's OSD has very limited memory. An OSD implementation with more
memory could simply have one large 8bpp area and map the VDR bitmaps into
the right positions. Only the new feature of overlapping windows would have to
be handled accordingly. But all this should be no problem for an OSD implementation
that, for instance, generates I-Frames or SPUs for display.

Klaus