[vdr] Re: AW: Problem with large drives?

I think in the kernel 2.4.17 is the lba48-patch (IDE-Patch) included.
Maybe there are some other changes in this kernel too.
I had problems with my Maxtor 160 GB before changing kernel to 2.4.14
and patching with IDE-Patch. Now all works fine for me.

Ralf

Of
> Axel Gruber
> Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 2:57 PM
> To: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Subject: [vdr] Re: AW: Problem with large drives?
>
> > My vdr-box has a 120GB Maxtor build in - no problems.
> > Aside from that a directory from a nt-server is mounted in
> > the vdr-videodir, 153GB - no problems, too.
>
> > System: debian woody, kernel 2.4.17, no modifications in kernel.
>
> thatīs the interesting part - here i have nearly the same Problems
with
> 120GB
> Device and SUSE 7.3
>
> A Friend of mine use the same drive with the same hardware with Debian
too
> - without problems.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index