[vdr] Re: Does VDR still have the 2GB filesize-limitation?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Rene Bartsch wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>do the new versions still have a maximum filesize limited to 2 Gbyte?
>

> Yes, and this is not going to change.
> If you want to have one large file, you can simply do
>
>   cat 00?.vdr > largefile
>
> Klaus

I know the cat-version, but I simply want to use the video-directory
with apache, and it's not quite comfortable to get several files with a
player over http. So I want one big file for a film.

Is it a problem of the VDR-structure (data-type, etc.) or only a
security and compatibility decision? Then I'd like a "LARGEFILE=1" when
compiling and a filesize=0 in setup.conf could mean unlimited :o)

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index