[vdr] Re: asyncronous a-v with mplayer.sh and vcd-replay

Hi,

On Sunday 28 April 2002 19:22, Mike Neuhaus wrote:
> i use vdr 1.0.1 with aio-24.04. hardware is an k6-2 350MHz and original
> siemens-dvb.
>
> while using mplayer-patch (from aio) and vcd-replay (from aio) audio and
> video is not sycronised. The difference is not the same all the time
> ...it ranges from 0.1 to 2.0 seconds.
>
> here my mplayer.sh:
> #!/bin/sh
> /usr/bin/mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes $1
> exit 0
>
> i think...this must be o.k.
>
> how can i make audio and video sycronous?

why am i not surprised???? right, because it happens to me all the time. mpeg1
contains only minimal syncing information. mplayer uses its own (oh so
superior) a-v syncing, which screws up for me even on dvd's.
conclusion: don't use mplayer when you don't have to, for mpeg1 (vcd)
ntuxplayer does the job better for me most of the time.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index