[vdr] Problems: "async replaying of VDR recordings", "unsmooth playing of DVDs"

I'm very glad with my VDR box. Great work!! Using it is very easy - my mum
is able to use it securely! *G*

I'm using VDR-1.0.0 with AIO-15.04 (I have set the settings to disable read
ahead.)

My box is a Pentium II-350 with 192 MB RAM, an XFS Filesystem on a 20 GB
Western Digital disk. DMA is enabled for DVD (Matshita 40x) and the harddisk.

Everything is working fine - recording works fine, watching rules, playing
SVCD or VCD works great.

BUT,

1. DVD playing is very unsmooth it hangs every few seconds - sometimes it's
playing smoothly when I'm switching the audio track to stereo sound (but
that's sometimes impossible because there is none).
I got messages something like
                   "libdvdread return 0"
like Holger Wagner and VDR is displaying the message
                   "No acceleratet IMDCT transform found".

I disabled read ahead caching but hadn't another try yet cause of missing
DVDs :-)
The setting of read-ahead I used since yesterday was "24" and
smaller/greater values.

2. Recordings of VDR I'm watching are loosing audio/video sync after some
time of watching! It seems that as longer as I'm watching the async gets
greater.

I watched "Mission Impossible 2" and continued one day later, and sync was
gone :(
With other recordings it's the same problem - the first minutes seem to be
right but perhaps I'm already paranoid with async replaying so that ... I
didn't realize that's sync ...?

Even retrying and jumping with the +60sec function doesn't bring sync back.
Restarting VDR and jumping back to the position were I stopped didn't work.

I didn't try the "fast forward" function - it would take too much time to do
this...

Is there a possibility to get sync playing back?!

Is there someone having the same problem - is it my configuration?
I heard that XFS filesystems brings good performance and security for video
streaming..?!

I would appreciate some help...

Much greetz
Ingo