[vdr] Re: AW: Re: OT: SuSE 8.0?

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 11:01:16AM +0200, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> On Thursday 02 May 2002 10:33, Nano wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Your link says it supports LBA48.
> > My link says it supports XFS.
> > These two are absolute requirements for my VDR system,
> > so YEAH I can install SuSE 8.0 on my VDR system out
> > of the box!
> > Congratulations, SuSE! Good job!
> >
> > Of course, easter is not exactly middle of april. ;-)
> > Never mind, better late than without XFS or LBA48...
>
> There is one problem though. It won't let you install the root filesystem onto
> an LVM volume.

AND ... XFS does _not_ fulfill the LSB runtime test suite
(see http://www.linuxbase.org/test/ and the links therein) which means
e.g. return values of filesystem system calls do not fit the the
expected values ... IMHO this is one point for not using it as root
file system or for a file system within a production system.

         Werner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index