From: "Emil Naepflein" <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 2:12 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Ad skipping - was: PVR users are thieves

On Thu, 2 May 2002 13:58:15 +0200, Marc Haisenko
<marc.haisenko@software-for-people.com> wrote:

> Does VDR support "ad-skipping" ? I guess this could be done by kind of
> "pattern-recognition": most TV stations feature a logo in one of the
corners,
> and they disappear while running ads. So if the station logo disappeares
the
> ads begin and if the logo reappears the show continues. To be on the save
> side one could cut out everything 5 seconds after the disappearing of the
> logo and 5 seconds before the logo reappears.

As the broadcasters time their breaks very exactly you only have to
press the minute skip 5-10 times to hit the continuation of the program.
;-) Automatic skipping would be nice, but isn't really necessary. BTW,
some stations have a slight overlap of the program and dynamic logos
which would not so easy to handle.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index