[vdr] Re: A way to play NTSC (S)VCDs on PAL - TVS?

Axel Jansen wrote:

> hi...
>
> is theire a way to play NTSC (S)VCDs on a PAL TV? I got the
> audio, but the video is wrong aspect ratio and black & white
> only. Is theire a way to let the VDR play the NTSC VCD as
> PAL? or anythink like
> that?
>
> thx & ciao

You have to have a tv set which supports ntsc. Alternativly you can
recode the movie. To get From NTSC -> PAL you have to do an "inverse
telecine 3:2 pulldown" (which will change the framerate from 29.97 to
24) and change the res from 320x240 to 320x288.
I have done this with VirtualDub and reencoded it with TMPGEnc, so i can
say it works, but costs lots of time.

Cu Ulrich

Home | Main Index | Thread Index