[vdr] Re: My power/noise/heat saving ideas

sschmidt schrieb:

> Hi,

> On 06.05.02 at 16:37 Christian Berger wrote:
>
> >3. Try to avoid harddisks:
> >  If possible lay a network connection to the central computer in your
> >house.
> >  If you don't have a central computer, you might save energy by using
> >RAM
> >   insteadt of harddisks (and flush maybe once a day)
> Hmm, interesting, then i have to let work 2 pc's at the same time which saves me money?
> Interesting point i have overseen in my life bevore. ;-)

Well your central computer runs anyhow, so why not use it for such
things. On the other hand, it might make even sense to install the
DVB-card in that computer, but that requires shutting it down for some
time and therefore is dangerous.

> Greetings,
>
> Stephan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index