[vdr] What about subtitles?

Once again, a newbie question from the mad video collector soon-to-be vdr
user.

I've been using a Canalsatellite receiver for the last five years, where you
can (as I guess for other channels, FTA or not) select one of a choice of
various subtitles and/or audio tracks. I know these audio tracks are part of
the DVB/MPEG2 standard. OTOH, I don't know whether the subtitles are
standard MPEG2 or part of the SECA-specific Mediahighway protocol.

In either case, how does vdr handle subtitles? Are they recorded in the
PVA/MPEG2 stream?
If I convert the vdr files to MPEG2 for burning onto video-DVD, will I be
able to select these subtitles? Or is there any other way to retain them in
that process?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Philippe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index