[vdr] Re: Problems accessing DVD

Am Don, 2002-05-09 um 04.40 schrieb Rene Bartsch:
> > the link itself should have lrwxrwxrwx and the target -rw-rw-rw-
> >

> I've changed permissions, but when accessing they reset to the old values.
>
> What can I do (I'm using Mandrake8.2 with devfs)
You can't change the rights of symlinks, they takeover the rights of the
file they're linked to. In /etc there should be a directory called devfs
(or similar). In one of the files you can change the permissions of the
dev nodes (at debian: /etc/devfs/perms). Or you put the user vdr runs
with in the cdrom group.

ciao
Dariush

Home | Main Index | Thread Index