[vdr] Re: Do I have to recompile after upgrading the kernel?

Hello!

Am Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2002 10:43 schrieb Mario Dilleni:
> > > I have to upgrade my kernel from the standard 2.4.10 (SUSE 7.3) to
> > > 2.4.16 because of problems with rp-pppoe. Do I have to
> > > reinstall/recompile the dvb driver or the vdr software?

> >Probably yes. Just try it out. For a beginner it's easier to rebuild the
> > dvb driver than to build a kernel :-)
>
> Recompiling the kernel after reconfiguring is not the problem (thanks to
> menuconfig), but I'll have to get a new kernel.
>
> But you are right, I'll just try and see what happens.

Just copy the file ".config" of the kernel source tree to a safe place,
install the new kernel, copy ".config" to that newly created source tree and
start make menuconfig. You'll find all the previous settings again.

Andi

--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/
Mail:  flood@flood-net.de

Windows sucks, Linux rules :-)              http://srom.zgp.org/
Watch more TV! http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/software.htm
Who needs DivX?                          telnet blinkenlights.nl

Home | Main Index | Thread Index