[vdr] Re: Problem with keyboard after playing a DVD

Hi,

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 23:35, Günter Niedermeier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem since I'm using SuSE 8.0 with 2.4.18-4GB kernel.
>
> After playing a DVD I can't access my vdr via the Keyboard.
> I must restart vdr to get the keyboard working again.
>
> This problem only appears when I'm using the libdvdcss and libdvdread
> with the patches from Andreas Schultz.
> It is necesary to turn on NUM-lock to get the key method for nav working.
> Before SuSE 8.0 it worked without NUM-lock, and the libdvd... from Andreas
> worked fine.

This problem is extremly strange. Did you rebuild the libs after
installing/upgrading the kernel?
The patches are mostly only to get a simpler integration of libdvdcss and the
csskey's file. It should not affect anything else.

> When I'm using the original libdvdcss 0.0.3 and libdvdread 0.9.2
> I have no problem with the keyboard.
>
> Can anybody tell me, which versions and patches for libdvdcss and
> libdvdread I must currently use in SuSE 8.0 and/or what I can do else?

The newest libdvdcss and libdvdread versions should also be fine.

Andreas

--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index