[vdr] Re: Mini VDR linux

Am Don, 2002-05-09 um 15.56 schrieb Christian Berger:
> Has anybody of you ever thought about using someting like this as an
> init-file for a "small-footprint" VDR Linux distribuition:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> remount / -o remount,rw
> vdr
> umount /
>

> When you set the option to reboot the system after a kernel panic, the
> whole sytem will restart after VDR crashes. And since we don't do much
> more than mounting / and running VDR, the system should boot up quite
> fast.
Well, if you have so much ram that you don't need swap, if you won't
need network, if you won't access the linuxbox in any way, if you have
hacked the dvb&lirc modules into kernel, if you won't check the
filesystem from time to time, if you want to run your linux on GMT, yes.
Otherwise it will probably easier to cut down a linux distro.

ciao
Dariush

Home | Main Index | Thread Index