[vdr] Re: Old Display for VDR

www.resla.de wrote:

>I want to use an old Display (no LCD) for VDR.
>
>Infos on http://www.resla.de/page.html
>
>Is that possible?

I used those displays quite some time ago (with atari ST, must be more
than 10 years ago).
I don`t know if there are linux solutions ready.

If you have some basic experience in electronics and programming it`s
not difficult (ask me with PM).
Unfortunatly my celler has no "search" button, but I think this piece of
hardware ist still existent somewhere.
I used some CMOS Latched Shift registers and a simple serial interface
(not RS232 - just data-out, clock).

On the other hand:  a LCD at RS-232 is much more universal (Text) and
does not cost that much.

Greetings

   Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index