[vdr] Re: nvram-wakeup & K7S5A

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Tobias Meyer-Janson (TM) wrote:

TM> Hello,
TM>
TM>
TM> I have a problem configuring the wake-up-settings for my system.
TM> I did not find ready to use settings for my mainboard Elitegroup K7S5A
TM> in the file nvram-wakeup-mb.h or somewhere else, so I tried to find out
TM> the right nvram-adresses.
TM>
TM> I found the following and inserted in the nvram-wakeup-mb.h file:
TM>      #define NEED_REBOOT ALWAYS
TM>      #define ADDR_DATE   0X51
TM>      #define SHIFT_DATE  3
TM>      #define ADDR_STAT   0x50
TM>      #define SHIFT_STAT  7
TM>      #define ADDR_SEC    0x54
TM>      #define ADDR_MIN    0x53
TM>      #define ADDR_HOUR   0x52
TM>      #define ADDR_CHK_H  0x30
TM>      #define ADDR_CHK_L  0x31

looks good for me

TM> Because of the first setting I have to change something in
TM> /etc/init.d/boot (Suse 7.3), am I right?
TM> I found the file nvram-wakeup-0.04b/reboot/suse-7.2.diff but I don't
TM> know what to do with it.

it's a patch (see README, 9.A)

but give 9.B a try first, it is a more general, more elegant and an easier
solution. see 9.B, beginning at "Here are the details"

TM> One more point:
TM> I found that the date is also stored in 0x70 in BCD-Format. Does this
TM> change anything?

it's not unusual, you can add
 #define RTC_DATE    0x70
to the config. what was the output of 'guess'?

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain