[vdr] Re: F1-Settings for channel.con.cable

Oliver Lorei wrote:

> to Uwe Scheffler and other DVB-C user's
>
> Did you already add the settings to the channel.conf.cable that came with
> VDR 1.0.2 and send a copy to Klaus Schmidinger ??? concerning he ask for
> "maintainer" for this file

Uwe did send me that new file, but the lines were unnecessarily shuffeled,
so I asked him to provide a file with a smaller 'diff' against the one from VDR 1.0.2.

> A "maintainer" for DVB-C will be difficult IMHO , because of differences from
> the regional cable provider. I live in NRW and know that  e.g. in Berlin are
> some more channels for DVB-C

You can either create separate sections in channels.conf.cable for channels
that are only available in certain areas (like currently done in the section
':Digit. Bouquet"Kabel Berlin"'), or you can maintain completely separate
files for each area, like channels.conf.cable.Berlin, channels.conf.cable.Hamburg
or so. I'll take whatever I get and add it to the next VDR release. In the meantime
I'll try to keep the files up-to-date at ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/Channels.

> IMHO the guy who post's the new setting's first time can or should do this
> and add a line like ( I add the new setting's to the latest
> channel.conf.cable and send a copy of it to Klaus Schmidinger or so )
> to his posting,  so Klaus gets nothing twice.
>
> what do yo think ?

That's a good idea.
Since I can't actually test channel files for cable, I'll have to take them
as they are sent to me. Please make your changes based on the latest file
version from ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/Channels, and try to keep the
differences as small as possible. Also, always send _complete_ files, so I can
simply replace them in the VDR distribution.

One day VDR will surely have channel scanning capabilities. Until then I guess
we can live with the channels.conf* files being maintained manually...

Klaus