[vdr] Re: VDR Plugin System - First Step

>> what do you think about playback over a soundcard.
>
>> The main advantage is that the sound is more clearly (no clicks on
>> OSD activity) and the card isn't blocked for recording (i didn't try that
>> yet)
>
>I hope that the OSD disturbance will be fixed some day (and you
>don't have to keep the OSD open all the time).

Just an idea:
I've observerd that audio disturbance only occure while large OSD areas
change their contents. (opening OSD or scrolling pagewise for instance).
Small changes like updateing the progress bar seem to be no problem. So what
about a "step by step" OSD update, let's say one row of text every
50..100ms?

Sure, fixing the OSD disturbance problem directly will be much better, but
like the still picture problem I guess it is caused by the ARM firmware, and
we may get old and grey waiting for a fix.

bye,
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index