[vdr] Re: news server

Hi Sylvio,

Sylvio Runge schrieb:

> As long as no relevant request of the Admins of the list is present,
> will remain also in such a way.
> The reason is that that so no possible Spam can come into the list.

But is there really a big chance, to get more spam this way then through
the list directly? As long as the newsgroup is hosted only here and not
on each and every newsserver worldwide the spammers would have to find
it first. Ang because their usual behavior is, to post on servers with
worldwide present groups, I think, they don't even search von others.

Perhaps it would be worth a test. I like reading / writing to newsgroups
much more than reading mailinglists.

And while in the past, I simply had to do a 'Antwort an Absender' (reply
to sender), to get the address of the mailinglist while keeping the
references, I now have to type in the mailinglistaddress by hand,
because the original sender is put into the reply-to.

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index