[vdr] Re: VDR wakeup command ?

Joerg Riechardt wrote:

> I have a VDR box with nvram-wakeup.
> I would like to have a command, that writes the time for the next timer
> into nvram
> and shuts down.
> After $MinUserInactivity minutes this is done automatically, but how can
> I do it NOW?

This is not totally clear to me - are you saying that you want to be
able to "shutdown now"? That's quite simple - the same script (vdr -s
option) that is called automatically by VDR is also called when you push
the 'Power' button on your remote.

Or are you saying that after the machine has shutdown (with nvram wakeup
for sometime in the future) you want to be able to "wakeup now"? That's
a little trickier, I guess! Can you not just hit the power button on
your PC to get it to start-up again?

Personally, I shutdown VDR and DVB, but leave my PC running all the
time. So lircd is still running, and irexec is configured to restart VDR
on a certain remote-control button press...

Cheers,

Matt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index