[vdr] Re: H-Pol Channels (was: Re: Disapearing and reapearing channells)

Stefaan Coddé schrieb:

> Christian Berger
>
> >That's what I alway thought when our equipment was new, but believe me,
> >chances are high, your LNB is defective. I have a new LNB and never
> >experience any problems
>
> I've tested it with both the old LNB and a new LNB.
> Also a nokia 9500 digital receiver and a cheap analog receiver.
>
> If a LNB get's broke then it usual is broke. I could receive all
> horizontal channels while the original starter of this thread had prolly
> more problems to receive them.
>
> The problem dissapeared yesterday evening ...eh ....that is when I've
> switched on the receiver again, veriefied that just a few minutes ago so
> I don't believe that the LNB is malfunctioning.
>
> Btw.   There is indeed a signal strength difference between H and V
> channels but it's still high enough. I had a 80cm dish before that did a
> wonderfull job and the 1.2m dish has a much higher signal strength
> compared to the 80cm.
>
> So... the LNB is fully functional since yesterday evening (and before a
> week or so) Was that a sign of the EOL of the LNB? No idea... and
> there's no way for a continuous test on a stable video stream, so case
> closed.
>
> Stefaan

Well we got our sattellite system in 1992. From about 93 it started to
occationally fail, this gradually increased,but always got away when we
pulled the cable, After swapping the cable, there was no change. It got
worse and worse until we exchanged it with a new LNB, then it worked
again. Between the falures it worked perfectly without any visible
degradiation in signal quality.
The problem always was there after it rained. So I gues it is a problem
with the moisture

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index