[vdr] DirectFB, OST, VDR-Console ?

Hello,

I would like to ask you if anyone is using the VDR on a DirectFB screen ?
I know, that most of you use the direct TV out of the DVB card, but I was
wondering if any applications exist, that would use the TV-Out of the
gfx-card. Or is it possible to display DirectFB on the TV-Out of the DVB-S ?

Using DirectFB with a good menuing system (DirectFB has incredible alpha
support)
would allow for a great all-in-one STB (+internet +gaming etc.)

Or, could it be possible to "route" any DirectFB output through VDR, mixing
both
images ?

My second question is if there is any chance to see an interactive console
with terminal emulation. It would be cool to be able run bash through VDR.

Or a little different: Send messages over the SVDRP.
Father via ssh from his home-office: "Okay, kids, it's time for bed", LOL.

--
Bye, Andreas

http://www.gmx.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index