[vdr] Re: automatic channel scan

Christian Bergerrote:

>I don't know, but there aren't really a lot of possibilities.
>Transponders on satellites are usually fixed and known long before the
>satellite is even sent up. Most stations simply transmitt at the center
>of that transponder with different symbolrates. So maybe you'd have to
>try 1-5 attempts to find something on those transponders. However,
>especially on Eutelsat there are some 72Mhz transponders. Those
are......

I can only tell this: I still use a nokia 9500 which is equipped with
a slow motorola processor. The unit can auto detect TV, radio and data
channels. The processor speed in most VDR systems if much higher so
that's
not the bottleneck regarding speed of detection.
Indeed, a check on eutelsat does take longer but it doesn't matter if
a search takes 30 minutes or 1 hour. If a VDR system has two DVB cards
then it's possible to search and view on the same time. The only limit
then
is that it's limited to a certain sattelite.

Every search should be a 'add' function..meaning check if the channel
exists
And if not adding it to the END of the current list.
Okay.. You can end up with many new channels but their names are known.
So... in first place it’s a job to see which ones you can delete but
after a while it's easy to throw out those unwanted channels on the fly.

What I mean is : if a rather old set top box can do it... why not VDR?

Stefaan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index