[vdr] Re: Video over internet

"Gernot A. Weber" schrieb:

> > What vls.cfg and input.cfg
>
> The config files you need, if you want to run videolan...

I do not run videolan. Videolan is MPEG2, that's HQ video, I'm talking
about reasonable bandwidth video, and that can be done with Cisco's
mp4live package (or however that's called). Or Realplayer and maybe
ffmpeg. But realplayer is not open-source.
The problem is, Videolan probably just forwards the video stream. That
means you have to have realiable 4Mbits/sec which only some universities
have.

Servus
 Casandro

> --
> Gernot A. Weber
> http://www.tux-web.de
>
> Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
> on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.
>
>                               Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash

Home | Main Index | Thread Index