[vdr] Re: OT: Flat Antenna useable?

Am Mit, 2002-05-29 um 22.56 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:
> ulope@gmx.de(Ulrich Petri)  29.05.02 20:11
>
> Once upon a time Ulrich Petri shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >Christian Berger wrote:
> >>

> >> Well UMTS also is braindead, it'll be far to expensive to be of any
> >> practical use, and it's got the same problems, if you are to close
> >> to the base-station you'll be fried. What we really need are
> >> peer-to-peer systems or satellite systems.

Sattelites can only multicast as they are to expensive for unicast
(calculate costs per bandwith)! I don't think T-DSL by Sat will have a
long life. I used EuropeOnline two years ago and we calculated that
Internet by sattelite's only future is bankruptcy.

But what about a solar-based WLAN-net in settlements?
I mean a WLan-Router every 500 meters with a solar panel ... :o)

> Years ago there was a genious system called "dirc" (or so).
> Never heard again about it...maybe it was too good?
>

> >But thats also true for nearly all kinds of transmitters. Go to a
> >radio broadcasting tower and hold a light bulb with two wires atatched
> >to the poles in the air, you'll see it start glowing.....
>
> That's an urban tale from the time for short wave transmissions....
>
> UNDER a transmitter antenna, there is only a weak or almost no field
> because that would be real waste.
> The antenna bundles it's energy mostly to a horizontical plane
> to get as far as possible arround.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index