[vdr] Re: Multiple crashes while recording

> > May 26 23:57:52 vdr vdr[1837]: ERROR: video data stream broken
> > May 26 23:57:52 vdr vdr[1837]: initiating emergency exit
> > May 26 23:57:52 vdr vdr[589]: emergency exit requested - shutting down
>
> This is exactly the problem I had sometimes. I now changed the length of
> the timeout and also just exit the thread when this happens.
Could you please describe this a bit closer? I changed MAXBROKENTIMEOUT to 60 an removed the line "cThread::EmergencyExit(true);". vdr does not do a restart anymore (as expected) but the recording ends there nevertheless. By the way -- the video stream shown on the TV does not indicate that it would be broken.

> > This happened a few times while recording but each time caused
> > by a broken video stream.
>
> This shouldn't happen during normal recordings. Please check whether the
> SNR is high enough. I find patches showing the SNR in the archive.
I utilize a DVB-C card (Hauppauge WinTV-DVB-C).

Norman