[vdr] Re: VDRADMIN Error

Am Die, 2002-06-04 um 11.21 schrieb Ortner, Uwe:
> Hi all,

Hi!

> while accessing vdradmin (behind an apache) i get this error message:
> "/opt/vdradmin/vdradmind.pl line 941, <GEN20> line 10" and vdradmin
> exists
>
> How does this proxy stuff work in generell?

I just can tell you how I works in my network. But maybe it could help.
Here is the interesting part from my httpd.conf. May be there will be
something equal in yours.
Just editing the lines like described in vdradmin readme didn't worked
for me.

# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
    ProxyRequests On

    <Directory proxy:*>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    #
    # Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
    # ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via:
headers)
    # Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block
    #
    ProxyVia On

    #
    # To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment the following
lines:
    # (no cacheing without CacheRoot)
    #
#    CacheRoot "/var/cache/http"
#    CacheSize 5
#    CacheGcInterval 4
#    CacheMaxExpire 24
#    CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
#    CacheDefaultExpire 1
#    NoCache a-domain.com another-domain.edu joes.garage-sale.com

    ProxyPass /vdradmin/ http://192.168.0.2:8001/
</IfModule>
# End of proxy directives.

I can reach vdradmin now with http://mydomain.de/vdradmin/.
The slash at the end is needed (somewehre tis can be changed).

> I only have "127.0.0.1" in my /video/svdrphosts.conf

That should be ok.

> Entry in apache is
>   <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
>     ProxyRequests On
>     ProxyPass /vdradmin/ http://127.0.0.1:8001/
>   </IfModule>
>
> svdr listens on 2001
> vdradmin on 8001

That's fine.

> But still have problems accessing port 2001 (error message in vdradmin)

What messages?

> Do I have to make entries in hosts.allow?

I think there is no need to do that.

> regards
> uwe

Christian