[vdr] Re: vdr not reading .lircrc ?

>I just had quick look at .lircrc support and i belive it is not very
suitable
>or vdr. The simplistic key-to-function mapping in lircrc does *not* add
>significant functionality to vdr.

the point is not to add functionality to vdr. the point is to make vdr
behave more friendly to other applications using lirc.

i will try to explain it slowly...
you have a yellow key on your rc. you have to name it YELLOW in lircd.conf
to let it work with vdr. if every or just another  programm would require an
explicit naming of keys for itself, this would be lead to impossibilty of
using these programms together.

> What we would need, is a multi layer
>mapping where the key-to-function mapping changes with vdr's operation mode
>(tv/playback/VCD/DVD) .
Why do we need this?

>The lirc_client lib has something like those operation modes, but they are
not
>reported to the application, nor are they controllable by the application.

if i press the YELLOW button vdr reacts on it. no matter which operation
mode of the client lib is activated. so this key is not usable for other
applications

it is not neccessary that vdr knows the operation mode. operation mode of
lirc is above vdr and could be used to give control to different apps
depending on the mode.

vdr opration modes can be handled by vdr like it already does.

okay i hope i could make it clear.

regards,
gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index