[vdr] Re: Re : Bitmap-format of OSD?

Am Sam, 2002-06-08 um 15.04 schrieb Patrick GUENEAU:
> The main problem with SPU is it is limited to 4 color bitmaps
> (2bits/pixel)
>
> You can take a look at spuenc code in MPlayer program. It has been added
> by Carl George.
> You can clearly see what kind of bitmaps you can encode.
>
> It seems too that SPU size may not be too large (whole screen size as in
> DVB OSD) ; at least, there are problems with em8300 linux drivers ;
> actually, SPU wasn't designed to implement anything else than subtitles
> where 4 colors is enough.
>
> Maybe you can have a look at how Marcus (Metzler) started to implement
> DVBAPI for DXR3 cards using SPU code.

As I don't have the abilities to do that myself, I'm looking for someone
who creates a patch for VDR to encode it's OSD to SPU-subtitle and mux
it into the A/V-output-stream sent to the DVB-driver.

When sending that A/V-stream to stdin of a programm (e.g. Mplayer)
instead of DVB-driver we could use every MPEG-capable mediaplayer as A/V
backend to VDR.

Can you code such an encoder by using parts of spuenc?

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index