[vdr] Re: divx to mpeg1 or mpeg2

CK> i would like to convert a divx file to a format that can be played back
CK> via dvb "hardware". i think mplayer can do this but i couldn't figure
CK> out the right command line paramters.

try this on console:

mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -vop lavc,expand=720:576 myvideo.avi

it should play your avi directly on your mpeg hardware (taken from
vdr's mplayer.sh) .. i think it converts mpeg4divx right before
playing to mpeg1 and then sends it to mpeghardware (correct me if i am
wrong)

anybody who's interested in converting mpeg to divx on linux can ask
and i'll try to explain what i tried for myself.

Bye Sebastian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index