[vdr] Re: Image Viewer

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> I've also made a patch to see any types of pictures; however, I was away
> for few weeks and now I have to get back into vdr-developing

I would be very much interrested in your patch.
I changed the teletext patch to display a jpg image instead of the
teletext page. Although I have chosen quality 1 (best) I was not at all
convinced by the quality of the output image. The TVout of my laptop and
the G400 produce a much better image.
I like the output of the DVB card when watching TV, so I think the
reason must be the encoding to mpg for display. Maybe this can also be
improved by changing the way of encoding.

Unless I get any other hints I will try to use the G400,
but I need X for that which I want to avoid on a server :-(
And there is a black border around the image as the G400 doesn't
support overscan with X. (Please correct me if that is not true).

Thanks
Christoph

> bye
> as