[vdr] AW: Re: Anyone using NVRAM Wakeup / auto powerdown / WOL

Hello,

I am just configuring the same thing for my Gigabyte 6BA board
using a Realtek 8139 card.
NVRAM wakeup is working as described. But now to WOL. After having
some problems of getting the 8139 NIC working, I took a 3Com905 card
from work. Just plug and play and it worked. I downloaded a DOS
configuration tool for the 8139 to see what was wrong. It was the
NIC response to the motherbord, which could be changed form negative
pulse/edge to positve pulse/edge. Negative pulse/edge seems to work
for my motherboard. But now the strange thing. When I shutdown the
linux machine with "shutdown -h now" it is not possible to wake
it up with WOL. When I use the kernelpatch (apm.c) from NVRAM wakeup
it worked. It also worked, when I press the power button on the PC.
With the 3com NIC everythings worked OK from the beginning. I am
just compiling an new kernel for some further tests.

CU

Jens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index