[vdr] Re: DVD-ROM silencer...

Hello Karsten,

put this into your 'commands.conf':

1. DVD im 2.Gang..	: hdparm -E 2 /dev/hdX
2. DVD Vollgas...	: hdparm -E Y /dev/hdX

where X is your drive and Y the max. speed

  Christoph

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:54:53 +0200
Karsten Müller <kmu@ratio.de> wrote:

> Hi there :-)
>
> Since my VDR now is capable of playing DVDs, does anyone on this list
> know about a tool to make a DVDROM "shut up", i.e. slow it down to lower
> its noise ?

Christoph Ackermann                                    ] t e c m a t h [
System Integration Engineer          Content Management Systems Division
phone +49 (0)631 303-5251  Europaallee 10, 67657 Kaiserslautern, Germany
fax   +49 (0)631 303-5209                         http://www.tecmath.com