[vdr] need help with NVRam

Hey List.
I have the following Problem.
I try to the nvram-tool to my vdr-machine so she is starting when a timer should be recorded.
I know that I have to give the script to vdr with the -s-trigger but when I run the script alone it tells me "you have to set a time". I dont see the part where that script looks for a timer. Would be nice if someone could help me with that to make my vdr-box more like a settop-box.
Thx Jan

the script looks like this ->
#!/bin/bash
# $Id: vdrshutdown,v 1.10 2002/03/15 22:25:38 bistr-o-math Exp $

NVRAMCMD=/usr/local/bin/nvram-wakeup
$NVRAMCMD -ls $1
case $PIPESTATUS in
     0) # all went ok - new date and time set
        shutdown -h now
        EXITSTATUS=0
        ;;
     1) # all went ok - new date and time set.
        #
        # *** but we need to reboot. ***
        #
        # for some boards this is needed after every change.
        #
        # for some other boards, we only need this after changing the
        # status flag, i.e. from enabled to disabled or the other way.

        # For plan A (see README file for more details) - uncomment
        #            the touch line (don't forget to change your boot script)
        #            and comment out the lilo line
        #
        # For plan B - uncomment the lilo line and comment out the touch line
        #            (don't forget to install the modified kernel image first)
        #
        # touch /nvramboot
        lilo -R PowerOff

        shutdown -r now
        EXITSTATUS=0
        ;;
     2) # something went wrong
        # don't do anything - just exit with status 1
        EXITSTATUS=1
        ;;
esac

# exit with 0 if everything went ok.