[vdr] Re: Speed up the opening of Recordingsmenu ?

Emil Naepflein wrote:
> We have discussed this to death already several times. ;-)

Yes, we have.
But what people seem to ignore: there is an easy solution
that I also mentioned on previous occasions.
Simply run this shell script in the background:

while (true) do
   find /video -type d >/dev/null
   sleep 1
done

Note that this script DOES NOT create continuous disk
activity. It simply refreshes the cache.

I must admit that I have never tried this, as on my system
(with XFS ;-) the recordings menu is not that slow, but I
am still convinced that this should solve the problem -
at least for local disks. I do not know if Linux caches
NFS entries by default.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index