[vdr] Re: vdr / change MaxVideoFileSize > 2000MB

There was a thread some time ago seriously discussing the pros and cons of this topic.

In short:
The index.vdr file format has 4 bytes to store file positions. As does vdr itself.
While the latter might be changed seamlesly the former would require a change of file formats to support files > 2GB.
Actually, there will be no advantage compared to the current situation having large file support.

cu,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index