[vdr] Re: Help! DVD-Problems with Patterson and Findus

Hello Thomas,

> just a normal emergency call: My kids have given me time until saturday
> to let them view the new "Patterson und Findus" DVD. But it's
> stubborn....

sorry, I can't help you with the DVD features of VDR, but I know how
angry children look like -- so here is a "Quick and Dirty" solution:

In case it doesn't work until tomorrow, MEncoder will be your friend:

try something like this:

  "mencoder -dvd 1 -ovc copy -oac copy -o dvd.avi"

afterwards, you can replay dvd.avi via mplayer (use -ovc copy, too) over
the DVB card. It contains MPEG2 embedded into an avi structure.

I know it's not a perfect solution, but in a real case of emergency one
doesn't care about delicious clean sparkling water in order to
extinguish a fire ;-)

Regards,
Dirk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index