[vdr] Re: VDR files to vob

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 20:08, Ulrich Petri wrote:
> Antonino Sergi wrote:
> >
> > I divided file size by recording duration; Maybe I've done somthing
> > wrong, but 1GB is 17 minutes of recording from
> > C5:11919:V:0:27500:513:660:577:0:2
> >
> > Now I'm going to think I'm doing something wrong...
>
> Wow 1GB in 17 Mins this would be 1024 MB / 17 m = 60 Mb/m ~~ 1 Mb/s
>
> I just cheked one of my recordings from german "Premiere Serie" station.
> Here i get e.g. 980Mb for 47 min so this would be 980 Mb / 47 m = 20 Mb
> / m ~~ 0,347 Mb/s
> This means "C5" sends 2.8 times more data.
>
> Your stream has about 8 MBit/s so either they are:
> - sending extremly high quality
Not really?
> - doing something horribly wrong
I think
> - sending along other information that get recorded too (not sure if
> this is possible)
I don't know, but, knowing the channel, I can't figure what else they
could send, a part from teletext

--
                                    Antonino Sergi

La strenua predilezione umana per l'irrilevante e' il peggior
      nemico della nostra specie!

The tireless human fondness for unremarkable things is the
      worst enemy of our species!

                                    Antonino Sergi