[vdr] overscan area

I'm playing with the imageviewer over dvb card.

Some users complain about the image is not fully displayed on the
tv-set, with missing pieces at the borders.

I made some tests and I found out that while watching with xawtv or
similar gives *all* the image, both watching a satellite channel or
pictures with my program, the tv set 'eats' many pixels at the borders.

I was told about overscan area, which should be a region *not* visible
on a TV set. Is there a standard, or at least a meaningful specification
telling how many border pixels should I add to have the whole image
displayed on a tv-set?

bye
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index