[vdr] Re: I have a dream ;-)

Hi guys,

i'm currently doing some investigations on the OSD capability of the DXR3.
It seems to be possible to encode the menu as subpicture. While using some
highlight features of the subpicture format i was able to use more than 4
colors (out of 16).
This seems to be promising. The work is still going on and maybe our dream
comes true.
(Think how cheap a vdr-station could be by using a Nova and a DXR3,
especially when bought at ebay)

Greetings
Stefan.

> That solution is work in Progress. The coder of the DVD-Addon is working
> on
> it. ("fighting with Problems").
> I also hope that that solution will come and I already tried a pre-alpha
> that worked but the menu needs a quicker computer because its
> realtime-encoded as mpg. on my K6-2 400 it isnt that quick like the DVB-S
> and that is not very fine. Maybe Andreas could speed it up when all works
> ok
> but there are many stones in the way.
>
> Jan

http://www.gmx.net