[vdr] Re: Broken recordings (many mpeg errors and artifacts)

Mans Krancher schrieb:
> Is that so. Use Pro7 very high data rates? What other channels are known
> for high data rates; cause I've seen this at this time only at Pro7.
AFAIK Pro7 always transmits a DD stream additionally to the normal MPEG2
audio stream. That would explain the higher datarate. And that's the
cause why Pro7 recordings are much larger than the ones from other
broadcasters that do not transmit DD. In newer versions of VDR you can
switch off recording of DD streams completely

>>Reading.
>>969 MB.
>>Read complete.
>>1016070144 bytes in 153.82 seconds = 6.29957 MB/s.
> Not enough I guess...
A little bit low... but while recording over my network I normally don't
have a higher datarate, too. And it works..

That's why I upgraded to Gigabit Ethernet now. (Ok, I know it's
overkill, but who knows... and the cards were cheap...)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index