[vdr] Re: Performance needs for timeshift with budget card

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 16:54, Wolfgang Miller-Reichling wrote:
> I'm currently building a new VDR machine which should be able to do
> timeshift with one fullfeatured card plus one budget card. Any hints
> what minimum CPU power is needed for that? I've searched the list
> archive but the results where contradictory: "works on a P166" <->
> "doesn't work on a K6 III-400". (BTW, the archive search on linuxtv.org
> seems to be broken, I can only get the first page of results)
I'm using vdr currently on a AMD K5-166, 64MB RAM, 40GB HD and the
mainbard support max. UDMA-2. With this hardware, timeshift is not
possible. If I play or record on both cards at the same time, the
recording get too many errors (unviewable).

ciao
Dariush
--
PGP Fingerprint: 0x886C99A1