[vdr] Re: Reference RC (was DXR3 support patch for vdr-1.1.5)

Thomas Jagoditsch wrote:

> as somebody else said, you have to configure lircd.conf to match vdr,
> which is in some situations suboptimal.

The current implementation of the LIRC interface in VDR assumes that
LIRC sends names that are defined within VDR. I guess this could be
easily changed so that it uses a 'keys-lirc.conf' file. That would
allow a LIRC user to simply set up his remote with the standard LIRC
config file(s) and go into VDR's "Learning keys" function, just as
with my home-built RCU or the PC keyboard. I guess I'll make that
change as soon as possible.

Klaus