[vdr] Re: Two SVDRP connection at the same time?

Thomas Koch wrote:

> Am Mittwoch den, 24. Juli 2002, um 17:06, schrieb Gregoire Favre:
>
> > is it possible to open more than one SVDRP connection to VDR at the same
> > time?
>
> No, this is currently not possible. I often stumbled on this point.
>
> I don't know much about the structure of vdr but i think this is much
> work.
> You will need some kind of locking mechanism which prevent things like
> changing one timer from two connections at the same time.
>
> Maybe Klaus can say more about that...

The SVDRP implementation is currently not able to take more than
one connection at a time. The problem is that, for instance, one
connection might fetch a list of timers and modify one timer. Before
actually sending back the modified timer, a second connection might
already have done a modification of its own, so the numbering of the
timers might have changed.

In general I'd suggest to keep an SVDRP connection only active as long
as it takes to perform the current task, and then close it again.

Klaus