[vdr] AW: AW: Re: DVD Playback

> Authenticating to the drive and/or CSS Title cracking failed. This is
a CSS
> issue. Besides upgrading, you should check wether you have a RPC-1 or
RPC-2
> drive. When possible change it to be RPC-1. It appears that the CSS
stuff
> works better and more reliable with RPC-1 drives.

One more thing (thanx to |GeNiUs| for reminding me), new RPC-2 drives
will
have no region code set. Without any region beeing set, those drives
will
refuse to authenticate ANY encrypted DVD.
The linux libs will _not_ change or set the region on a drive.

A tool to query and set the region code can be found at:
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvd/dvd_disc_20000215.tar.gz

Andreas

---

Sorry für my last posting in german - I was too tired and forgot to
write in english ...

Now everything works fine. There was no regioncode set before. As i
discoverd the change regioncode menu in VDR I never thought that I have
to use an external tool.

Is regioncode changing limited ? Or can i swap as often as I like ...

Thanx

BR

Home | Main Index | Thread Index