[vdr] MP3 patch and cddb

Hello,

when playing back an audio CD my VDR stays quiet for quite a long time
-- until the watchdog does its job :-(. The long delay seems to be
caused by the following:

3180 pts/3    SN     0:00 sh -c find "/data/cddb" -follow -type f
2>/dev/nul
3181 pts/3    RN     0:09 find /data/cddb -follow -type f
3182 pts/3    SN     0:00 sort -df

As the current freedb archive is about 2GB of small files, this process
lasts really a long time. When I kill the "find" command VDR continues
-- of course without any cddb data.

When queuing the cddbd with other applications, it is quite fast (as
well over cgi/Apache or directly). Would it be possible to use the
external cddb _only_?

Regards,
Dirk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index