[vdr] Re: EPG language

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:29:36 +0200
"Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> > How can I change the EPG language for a channel?
> > I can watch a multi-language channel. I could set the audio language and I can switch between them, but the EPG data is available only one language. I'm sure there is the other language because my philips set-top-box can show it.
> I was under the impression that a tv station would broadcast its
> EPG in the language of the country it broadcasts for. I'm not aware
> of any channels that broadcast multi-language EPG.

UPC Direct broadcasts several channel for more than one country. They broadcast for Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia as I know.
That's why they broadcasts in more than two languages some channels and the EPG for thhose channels should be multi language I think. All I see is whith the philips STB got from UPC shows the EPG in Hungarian for me, and VDR on Linux shows it in an other (I think Polish).

> Can you give me an example of such a channel? If possible, on Astra 19.2e,
> since that's the only satellite I can receive.

UPC Direct, but all channels encrypted.
http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/upcdirect.shtml

Regards,
Slapic